They say it’s the small things that count, and that applies to our kids too.
It’s all too easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday routines and miss opportunities to celebrate the little things.
Here are some simple ways to surprise the kids and make them feel special. #love
- If you have more than one child, go out for dinner with each of them alone, in turn.
- So your child has made you a wonderfully dangly, noisy, cumbersome bracelet. Wear it, all day. It will mean the world to them.
- Write a note on their banana in the lunchbox.
- Let yourself go and have as much fun splashing in the waves or bouncing on the trampoline as they do.
- Let them play in the rain and get soaking wet.
- Make a present for their birthday.
- Make some traditions – Friday night pizza party, monthly family movie night, photos under your favourite tree every year.
- Let them stay up late once in a while and do something fun together, like go to a night market.
- Have chocolate for breakfast every now and then.
- Share your childhood memories with them.
- Make them breakfast in bed.
- Give them a day off from their chores.
- If they have a fairy garden, leave them little notes signed ‘From the fairies’.
- Remember to be as excited for your second child as you were for your first when they experience things for the first time, such as wobbly teeth.
- Include them in family decision making.
What silly little things do you do, to make your kids feel special?