Winter is here and there’s no better time to revel in a hearty and delicious hot meal to keep the bugs at bay. Cue this winter-warming chicken vegetable hotpot (we can’t get enough)!
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 chicken (cut and skin removed or you can get chicken drumsticks or breast)
- Vegetables of your choice (broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, cauliflower)
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 x cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp cloves
1. In a large pot, fry the diced onion, tomato and mint in some oil.
2. Add in the peppercorn, cinnamon sticks and cloves and simmer for 2 mins.
3. Add some salt.
4. Add in chicken pieces and cover with water for 10 mins.
5. Add in the sweet potato, cover and cook for 5 mins more.
6. Add in the rest of the vegetables, cover ¾ with water, place the lid on and cook on simmer for another 10mins.
What’s your favourite winter recipe?
*Recipe provided by the lovely Desiree Taylor from Free Yourself Holistic Health.