Winter is here and there’s no better time to revel in a hearty and delicious hot meal to keep the bugs at bay. Cue this winter-warming vegetable chicken hotpot (we can’t get enough)!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Vegetable Chicken Hotpot
- 1 chicken (cut and skin removed or you can get chicken drumsticks or breast)
- Vegetables of your choice (broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, cauliflower)
- 1/2 bunch of mint
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 x cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp cloves
1. In a large pot, fry the diced onion, tomato and mint in some oil.
2. Add in the peppercorn, cinnamon sticks and cloves and simmer for 2 mins.
3. Add some salt.
4. Add in chicken pieces and cover with water for 10 mins.
5. Add in the sweet potato, cover and cook for 5 mins more.
6. Add in the rest of the vegetables, cover ¾ with water, place the lid on and cook on simmer for another 10mins.
7. Serve and enjoy this yummy vegetable chicken hotpot with the whole family!
What’s your favourite winter recipe?
*Recipe provided by the lovely Desiree Taylor from Free Yourself Holistic Health.