Aussie passionfruit are now in their peak summer season, so it’s the perfect time to add a splash of passion into your meals! And these Passionfruit Melting Moments are the perfect recipe.
Prep time: 20mins
Cook time: 14 minutes
- 200 g butter, softened
- 90 g icing sugar
- 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 225 g plain flour
- 100 g cornflour
- 1 cup passionfruit curd
- 225 g icing sugar
- 75 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 30 ml (11⁄2 tbsp) lime juice
- To make the biscuits, beat butter, icing sugar, lime juice and vanilla paste with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, until pale and creamy.
- Sift flour and cornflour over the butter mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Refrigerate 10 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Roll a heaped tablespoonful of dough into a ball, place on lined tray and press lightly with the tines of a fork to form a cross-hatch pattern on the top. Repeat with remaining dough to make 24 biscuits.
- Bake approximately 14 minutes until just golden. Cool briefly on trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make lime butter, beat all ingredients with an electric mixer for 3 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Top half the biscuits with lime butter and refrigerate 15 minutes to firm up. Top lime butter with a spoonful of cooled passionfruit curd and sandwich with remaining biscuits. Store sandwiched biscuits in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe courtesy of: Australian Passionfruit