The temperature may be dropping, but the food is warming up! And this Butternut Pumpkin Soup is one UHHHH-MAZING bowl of yummy goodness!
Serves 6, Protein: 5.1grams, Carbs: 18.2grams
Ingredients: (serving size – 6)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 fresh medium onions
- 1 litre of chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.2kg butternut squash
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 tbsp whipped cream
1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring often, until very soft but not browned (approx. 4 minutes).
3. Add cumin; cook for 1 minute.
4. Add butternut pumpkin, chicken broth, and 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, and simmer until pumpkin is very tender (about 30 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and cool.
6. Puree cooled soup in a blender in several batches. Return to pot.
7. Stir in cream and reheat.
8. Season with lemon juice and salt to taste.
9. Ladle soup into bowls.
10. Top each serving with a pinch of the remaining zest.
*Recipe provided by Atkins Nutritionals.